Estate Planning, Probate, Tax Controversies
At Freedman & Grinshpun, PC, our attorneys stand ready to guide you through numerous legal challenges relating to estate planning and administration. With offices in Philadelphia, we are prepared to represent clients in communities throughout Pennsylvania struggling through a broad range of topics.
Estate planning is something that everyone should consider. It doesn’t matter how old you are or the amount of wealth you’ve amassed — it is wise to consider what might happen to your assets if you pass away. By drafting a will or trust, you maintain control over who gets what and when. Schedule a consultation with our firm to learn more about the benefits of having a comprehensive estate plan in place.
Probate is a necessary step in the estate administration process. A skilled lawyer can provide clear guidance regarding numerous issues, including:
- Identifying and notifying heirs
- Ensuring that creditors are paid appropriately
- Ensuring that taxes are paid appropriately
- Representation for allegations of breach of fiduciary duty
- Representation during will contests
The loss of a loved one can be devastating on many levels. Unfortunately, while you are grieving your loss, there are significant financial decisions that must be made. We can help with tax law questions such as:
- Do I need to file a final tax return for the decedent?
- Do I need to claim my inheritance on my own tax return?
- Do I need to claim a payment from the decedent’s life insurance policy on my taxes?
- What if I received a payment from the decedent’s retirement account?
Our firm is prepared to answer these and many more questions that surviving loved ones might have during the estate administration process. If you are facing an IRS issue, or you need to appeal a decision, contact us.
Contact Freedman & Grinshpun, PC | For Your Business And Personal Needs
Мы Говорим по-Русски.